Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Diary: Watershed day of my life

On 2nd September 2013, i officially joined the prestigious Civil Services of India. It is the day that would either make me some one significant in life or delegate me to the fate of insignificant cellulose. I prepared hard (as all aspirants do) for this exam and sacrificed a lot of things and stuff that i used to love and enjoy. My personality and attitude also changed in this process. The ferocious, short tempered and volatile Neeraj (that my college friends know too well) got transformed into a serious, 'patient' and humble Neeraj. There are three incidents/processes that transformed me: death of my father in Dec 2008, my marriage in Nov 2009 and the Civil Services exam preparation (from July 2010 onwards). I dont know whether its good or bad, but i wish the latter is true. 
No one from my family before me ever graduated from a college, no one ever became a government officer or a professional so there were lot of responsibilities and expectations on me and i hope that i tried to meet all these challenges with full heart and brain. There is a scene is movie 'Troy' in which Priam (King of Troy) tells his son Hector (when he was about to fight his last battle with Achilles) that 'None of the fathers had a better son'. I always wanted to hear that line from my father but unfortunately i lost my father in Dec 2008. His absence always haunts me and it will continue to haunt me till i die. I pray to God for his blessing, guidance and protection. Please help me in making my life meaningful, my family happy and my country a better place.
   
 

3 comments:

Shyam Rajan said...

I'm sure you're gonna perform well, my best wishes :) I'm sure there is a lot of learning ahead too mate, and I hope we'll see more of each other :)

Neeraj Jadaun said...

Thanks a lot buddy, i am sure we will see lots of each other :)

Yayaver said...

Congrats Sir on your success.