Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Good artists copy, great artists steal

Last week I read the unauthorized biography of the greatest entrepreneur ever born Steven Jobs who made the world to kneel down before him in order to give him the grandest salutation human race can ever offer. The book iCON is a very interesting book it documents the history of Apple Computers, NEXT as well as PIXAR animation lab.

Microsoft would had been a disaster if Scully had not ousted Jobs from his Apple. It also gave me a cause to remember our final year in IT-BHU when I watched the movie titled “Pirates of Silicon valley” along with my close friends. This movie renders the rivalry between Jobs and Bill Gates in celluloid form so beautifully that the every other thing in the world looks secondary. There is one famous line by Steve Jobs “Good artists copy, great artists steal when he convinces his guys to copy XEROX PARC gui.
In his own words “One has to find out what he loves, stay hungry stay foolish” and this line has become my signature line since my advent in IT world. Steve Jobs is an example of exemplary leadership qualities and hunger for achievement that one cannot ignore him even in his dreams.

This weekend I watched one of the worst films of my life, the Traffic Signal and it was ironic that the movie of the same director Page3 reserves one of the top positions in my favorite films list. This film is such a pathetic film that I slept twice during those boring hours. The subject was great but the direction was direction less. Madhur Bhandarkar, what a magnificent waste! Meanwhile I am beginning to enjoy my stay in Pune as I have plenty of time at my home after office to finish some unfinished past ventures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boss, I differ with ur opinion on Traffic Signal. TF was good enough movie.....may be u went with some pre-assumption inside the movie hall, and u got some other recipe inside. Subject was good and i like the content also...

Unknown said...

Hmm..
So, finally you started njoying being in pune.. Cool and how is ur photography going on there.

BTW after going thru ur blog only i ditched the idea of watching Traffic Signal.

Now Gavri is creating a confusion right here thru his comment.

Lagta hai mujhe bhi ja ke dekhna hoga.