Sunday, May 31, 2009

The world this week (25 -31 May)

Yet another week has elapsed, universe continues to expand and i continue to make a giant waste out of my life. This is my 27th summer and today is my birthday. Truly engrossed in office work so did not get a chance to finish the current book (Hitchhiker guide to the galaxy). They say time flies, it was never so true.
Movies:
1. The Notebook (2004)
This movie comes with an air of rarity. Slow at times but the chemistry Ryan and Rachel is awesome. To be honest i don't have a knack of appreciating love stories. I have started watching them because of few very good suggestions from my friend Meha. The tryst continues. 7/10.
2. The Prestige (2006)
After Dark Knight and Batman Begins, i became an ardent fan of Christian Bale. Many people in my team call me Bruce Wayne ;). This movie has an awesome ensemble, with Michael Caine, Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman. The story is so enthralling that you will get your breathe away. "are you watching closely?". 9/10.
3. The Pink Panther 2 (2009)
Inspector Clouseau has become very intelligent and thus it destroys the cult created by Peter Sellers. Aishwarya Rai did a horrendous job with her role. I was expecting some good act but it was just lip reading. 6/10.

Racist attacks on Indian students in Australia
I am appalled after reading a lot about various attacks on Indian students in Australia. Indian students go there not on Australian money but of their own so by giving education Australia is not giving any favour. Its just giving service for money. I don't know why after Sydney 2008, i have started hating Australians.

Talk Instead
Its a venture on the lines of ted talk (if some one refutes then i may possibly agree) by my friend Shobhit (MBA from IIM Bangalore after B. Tech in Computer Science from ITBHU). It had its first event on 30th May. It was quite a successful event but i reckon its going to have a tough times ahead as we Indians have yet not developed the habit of spending money on talks. Let see how Shobhit changes it.

No comments: