Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Book Review [166] : The Courage To Be Disliked

 

'The Courage to be disliked' by Ichiro Kishimi and Fumitake Koga is a book inspired by Adlerian Psychology. I bought it from Amazon after seeing it as a best sellers and 'Over three million copies sold worldwide' written on top of it. I have read many self help books but i will not rate this book in my top 5 books.

I gave sufficient time and energy to read this book but it failed to inspire me. I think i am at fault in getting some thing meaningful from this book. The few concepts that can be useful in one's life:

  • Separation of tasks
  • Feeling of community
  • Having confidence in others
  • Horizontal relationships
  • We always have a choice to chose our destiny
  • Cribbing over past is not right
  • Everything is a complex of inter personal relationship problems
  • Praise and Rebuke are manipulative tools
  • Respecting boundaries are important 

This book is written in a dialogue form and this has put me off. At many places it reeks of boredom and banal megalomania. 

Time Pass Read (5/10)

No comments: